Trafficworks is a specialist traffic engineering and design consultancy, comprised of over 48 experienced traffic engineers and designers, some with over 40 years of experience, providing traffic engineering and design services to the Department of Transport (formerly VicRoads), Victoria Planning Authority (VPA), major Tier 1 and 2 construction companies, local government authorities, larger consulting companies and private clients through all of Victoria and parts of NSW.
Our purpose is to deliver the highest quality service and advice in traffic engineering and design with a vision of improving the liveability of communities by facilitating the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
We help achieve this through the provision of the following services:
- Preparation of Scope Approval Reports for road safety, traffic improvements, public transport, bicycle and pedestrian projects (including development of improvement options, analysis, design, costing and estimation of a BCR)
- Preparation of Traffic Management Strategies (TMS) and Traffic Management Plans (TMP) for road works and special events
- Road Safety Audits and reviews for all stages of projects and temporary works
- Safe System Assessments
- Traffic engineering functional designs and layouts
- Traffic impact assessments
- Traffic analysis of intersections and networks
- Road and intersection lighting designs and assessments
- Analysis of crash data and the development of effective treatments to address crash trends
- Research for strategic road safety and policy advice.
Join our team of passionate engineers and designers. We invest in our people with externally and internally provided training, as well as on-the job training with experienced professionals. We are currently looking for two highly capable Graduate Engineers who are available from February for full-time positions located at our head offices in Ivanhoe.
What are we looking for?
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed an Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Previous engineering and/or field experience preferred but not essential.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Demonstrate a mature and reliable attitude to your work and a willingness to be trained.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Passion for traffic engineering and design.
- Able to focus on a number of varied tasks with drive, enthusiasm and energy.
- High level of computer literacy.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for an enthusiastic, results orientated, individual. If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please send a cover letter and a detailed resume to David Snape at email@example.com by COB on the 4 December 2020.